Monday, July 9, 2007

What I'm Reading

I have to share a great new book with you. It is Expressions: Taking Extraordinary Photos for Your Scrapbooks and Memory Art by Donna Smylie and Allison Tyler Jones. This is the photography book I have been wanting for years, but just finally found. It is about taking memorable photos of people. The authors give ideas on how to be more creative, as well as technical lessons on things like composition and lighting that are understandable but not too difficult for the average person. I think anyone could immediately improve their photography skills after reading this book. It is awesome!!!

Ok, I also have to share a link to an adorable new scrapbook store. My scrap style is very basic, and I don't go nuts over all the scrap stuff, but I would *love* to go to this store because it is so adorable. It is called By Design Scrapbook Boutique. It makes me want to redecorate my scrap/craft room. You may recall my recent posting about organizing my scrap room. I did have a deadline of 30 days for the I'm An Organizing Junkie contest, but got a little bogged down with what to do with *years* of photos. I was going to reorganize them all into boxes, but couldn't bring myself to do that. I had an epiphany last night ... instead of organizing the photos, I need to just sit my butt down and *scrap* them. Nothing fancy ... just using classic black or natural background. Journaling Heidi Swapp style. So I started last night, and I actually have almost completed a scrapbook. So, I have not forgotten about this project, but I'm not quite ready to show you the results. Stay tuned.

And since you might have noticed by now that I love photographs, I will end my post with two of my favorites I took this week. The boys and I are on our own because Fifi (that is what I call my daughter because she is a princess) is away at camp. This experience will either change her for life (she doesn't like dirt, bugs or water without chlorine), or it will cause every camper there to suffer for a week.



"...but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:14

3 comments:

Martha said...

Haaaa!!!!

Fifi! That is hilarious!

Oh - you're so lucky to have been rv-ing! How long were you gone?

Have you been to the pool a lot? We sure have. We hang there all summer.

That cookbook I mentioned? It's a must-have. Such a great basic cookbook.

I have to work today, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi!!!!

xoxo,
martha

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

Oh ~ I must check this book out! Thanks!

Penny said...

I need to check out that book.

Those are great shots! (What kind of camera do you use?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...